Materials and Logistic Manager
Reports to: Directors
Office Location: Cowfold, Sussex.
Salary: £32,000 pa (dependent on experience) + commission + expenses
Core Hours: 08.00-16.30
A S RAMSAY BLOCK is a construction company designed specifically for block managers. We operate throughout London and the South East and are specialists at carrying out Section 20 work on residential multi-let mansion blocks. Our key focus is pro-active communication and a willingness to adapt to the needs of the residents.
Our typical contracts include:
- External repairs and redecoration schemes
- Internal common part upgrades
- Fire separation and detection works
- Façade and cladding replacement schemes
- Smaller reactive works for Property Managers
- Undertake buying of goods and materials for ASR according purchasing policy
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external customers
- In accordance with ASR purchasing plan, ensure maximum benefit is achieved from the purchase, payment terms, rebates and negotiation of supplied goods and materials
- Select, negotiate and purchase material and equipment as detailed in the program for each project, in accordance with technical specification and instructions received from the Contract/Site team
- Raise purchase orders and record material and equipment ordered
- Manage the relationship with suppliers by regular meetings and telephone calls to ensure ASR achieves maximum benefit on cost and service from chosen and prospective suppliers.
- Arrange and attend supplier meetings to negotiate rates, costs, agreements, quality of products and fix deals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Construction purchasing/buying experience or CIPS qualified
- Relevant Relationship Management Experience
- Knowledge of construction and associated building regulations
- Quality Management Systems and their application
- Ability to problem solve and resolve complex issues effectively
- Strong Negotiation, Communication and Presentation Skills
- Ability to manage and deal with conflict